When Sen. Barak Obama (D-Il) came to Detroit In May to speak to the Detroit Economic Club he was very critical of he local automakers for the poor fuel economy of their vehicles and their pushback against new fuel economy regulations. He subsequently drew some criticism for himself when it became known that his personal transport was a Hemi powered Chrysler V-8, a car not exactly in the same league as a Prius. Obama has now corrected that problem by following his fellow presidential hopefuls John Edwards, Sens. Christopher Dodd and Hillary Rodham Clinton, and Govs. Mitt Romney and Bill Richardson and switched to a Ford Escape Hybrid.
Barak Obama swaps his hemi for a hybrid
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models