When Sen. Barak Obama (D-Il) came to Detroit In May to speak to the Detroit Economic Club he was very critical of he local automakers for the poor fuel economy of their vehicles and their pushback against new fuel economy regulations. He subsequently drew some criticism for himself when it became known that his personal transport was a Hemi powered Chrysler V-8, a car not exactly in the same league as a Prius. Obama has now corrected that problem by following his fellow presidential hopefuls John Edwards, Sens. Christopher Dodd and Hillary Rodham Clinton, and Govs. Mitt Romney and Bill Richardson and switched to a Ford Escape Hybrid.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video