The Jaguar XF will make its pre-production intro at September's Frankfurt Auto Show. The car that sits on the dais, however, will not be the ultimate XF, which won't appear for a few years yet, according to Jag. The first XFs will be offered with V6 power at 2.7- or 3.0-liters, and the 4.2-liter V8 with or without a blower. The supercharged V8, though, won't be an "R" version -- it will instead get an "S" moniker. The XFR will get the hottest lump of any Jag on the road: a supercharged V8 with 500 bhp and 500 lbs-ft that will also do duty in the next Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. And according to the same sources, around the same time a 250 bhp twin-turbo diesel version of the car will be offered when it comes in for its first facelift. No matter whether Jaguar is sold, we are crossing our fingers in hopes that everyone involved gets this car right.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX