Enter the rumormill: Peugeot sedans to come to the US?
Peugeot's current 407 sedan (pictured) isn't due for replacement for several years at the least, and a deal to produce the cars in the U.S. is still at least twelve months away. Peugeot would use the U.S. as a base for exporting cars to South America, but local production could also lead to the brand's return to world's largest car market.
One of the major hurdles is improving the negative image many American's have towards all things French. Remember Freedom Fries? Peugeot would also need to develop a new dealer network if it's considering a relaunch, but we're sure a number of Mitsubishi dealers across the country will be happy to open their doors to the French brand.
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models