Uncle Sam wants YOU...to pull over
The Orange County (FL) sheriff's department has cranked up its traffic enforcement efforts for the 4th of July week, and it's having a little fun along the way. A deputy dressed in full Uncle Sam regalia stood at an undisclosed location Monday (local6.com wouldn't reveal the specific whereabouts) zapping speeders with his radar gun as a team of motorcycle cops pulled the unlucky motorists over and handed out tickets. According to Local6.com, 275 citations were handed out Monday, with fines set at $80 and up. The costume follies are nothing new for the sheriff's department, which has sent out radar-wielding deputies dressed as Santa's elves, the Grinch, and Leprechauns on holidays past.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX