Spain changes car tax system to benefit cleaner cars
This measure has been adapted because of the alarming rising level of CO2 emissions. Spaniards are switching to SUVs and premium models with less mpg, the Spanish Costas have also become overpopulated and there is a suburban sprawl not unlike the American one in the 50s. The Government is seriously concerned about the country's failure in accomplishing the Kyoto protocol.
The law will be effective December 1st, once it becomes approved by the Senate and further adapted by the Government.
[Source: El Periodico]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models