Green forklifts use human power
The designs pictured above are not really capable of doing really heavy lifting. But, the concept is sound. Just think of what kind of power built the pyramids and ancient cities. That's right: good old human labor (maybe not with slave labor?). That underscores what we are capable of with our limited bodies, even before modern science steps in. If you wanted to, you could gear create a design geared down to the point that a human powered forklift could compete with electric and fossil-fueled versions... but it would be a slow process.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video