Expensive gas means cheap pancakes through July
Through the end of July, if you happen to be eating at a Village Inn or Bakers Square restaurant (they're both owned by VICORP Restaurants, Inc.) and like pancakes, try to find a gas receipt in your pocket/purse. For the next month or so, these two restaurants will serve you all the pancakes you can eat for the cost of a gallon of gas. When you order, you'll also get a list of ways to use less gas, courtesy of GasBuddy. Those tips are nothing you haven't heard a million times, but if you need them again, they're after the jump.
I wonder how far I can go on a gallon of syrup...
[Source: VICORP Restaurants, Inc.]
The "Top Ten Fuel Saving Tips" from GasBuddy that Village Inn and Bakers Square Restaurants will be distributing broadly to consumers, include:
1. Avoid High Speeds
2. Do Not Accelerate or Brake Hard
3. Keep Tires Properly Inflated
4. Use A/C Sparingly
5. Keep Windows Closed
6. Service Vehicle Regularly
7. Use Cruise Control
8. Avoid Heavy Loads
9. Avoid Long Idles
10. Purchase a Fuel Efficient Vehicle
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies