UK government moving with requirements to sell up to 5% biofuels
The British government is moving forward with their Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation Programme (RTFO) which is meant to expand to the use of biofuels. Originally introduced in 2005 the programme is currently in a consultation period that lasts through September and then beginning from April 2008 fuel suppliers will be required to start selling biofuel, getting to five percent by volume of their total sales by 2010. That amount is estimated to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by one million tonnes a year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies