Average gas price in America drops below $3 a gallon
USA Today spoke with Mike O'Connor, head of the Virginia Petroleum, Convenience and Grocery Association, who said that, "The past 24 days, prices have gone down as fast as they went up. People need to remember that the next time prices go up." Consumer Affairs says customers expect even lower prices by September.
Over in Geneva, Switzerland, though, prices at the pump are reaching record highs. Maybe that "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" phrase needs a high-gas-price-themed update.
[Source: USA Today, Geneva Tribune, Consumer Affairs]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models