New energy bill stalled by special interest groups
Republican Senators are threatening a filibuster to defend coal-dependent utilities in southern states while others such as Carl Levin (D-MI) are pushing for easier requirements on fuel economy. Meanwhile to date apparently not a single politician has been willing to step up to the plate and call for maintaining a minimum price for oil in order spur customer demand for more efficient vehicles.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies