Dale Earnhardt Jr. signs 5-year contract with Hendrick Motorsports
Dale Earnhardt Jr. became the most coveted free agent in sports when he announced last month his departure from Dale Earnhardt, Inc. Today Junior announced at a press conference that he has signed a 5-year deal with Hendrick Motorsports, the current team to beat in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series with 10 wins in the last 14 races. Hendrick, however, was very fortunate that one of its four current drivers, Kyle Busch, asked to be released from his contract with the team, which opened up a spot to sign Junior. The young Earnhardt will get his wish to continue driving Chevys, though his sponsorship, paint scheme and number are yet to be determined.
Follow the link to SpeedTV for a full report on Junior's move, and check out our gallery of the press conference below
[Source: SpeedTV, Photos – Grant Halverson/Getty]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX