McMullen's 1953 Corvette sells for $400,000 at auction
The Corvette and 72 other collectible cars were once owned by Michigan car dealer, John McMullen. At 79, McMullen decided to part with just over half of his collection, and RM handled the sales. McMullen bought the '53 'Vette 12 years ago, just after it had undergone a Bloomington Gold restoration. Considering the estimate was only in the $125,000 - $175,000 range, the gavel price came as quite a shock. In fact, it was 33% better than the superb '53 we saw at Barrett-Jackson in January, which went for $298,350. Great car in the right colors and it just happened to have at least two bidders who really wanted it.
Thanks for the tip, Keith!
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models