Former U.S. Senator Daschle joins board of cellulosic company Mascoma
In a statement, Daschle said, "As a U.S. Senator, I supported numerous public and private efforts to advance the corn ethanol industry in the Midwest, to the point that this is now a multi-billion dollar, domestic renewable fuels industry. I look forward to working with Mascoma, its investors, and its public and private partners to create a complementary cellulosic ethanol industry that spans the entire country, and other locations throughout the world."
He may not have a lot of experience in the lab, but Daschle should be good for a few million more in grants thanks to his government ties, no?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies