Segway cop catches Mercedes thieves (no, we're not kidding)
"Had I been on foot," Miguez told Newsday, "there's no way I could have caught up with this kid."
According to The Register (which is no friend of the Segway-using cops), the officer approached the car when he thought the drivers were young-looking (they turned out to be about 13). When he got closer, he saw they were wearing gloves and then they sped away. For two blocks. Until they hit the utility pole. Go Segways!
[Source: UPI via the EDTA, and the Register]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models