New hybrid transmission for Formula One cars revealed
Unlike the hybrid electric drive systems used in production cars, kinetic energy captured by the regenerative braking system wouldn't be stored in electro-chemical batteries. The proposed Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) would store energy in a mechanical flywheel system. The flywheel system would be lighter and able to capture more energy quickly making it better suited to the repeated deceleration rates of a race car.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models