No new Honda Accord Hybrid, diesel will make its debut
The diesel in the Accord will likely be an ultra-clean four-cylinder rumored to be in the 2.2 - 2.4L range and capable of meeting California's strict Tier II / Bin 5 standards, which are the toughest diesel emissions standards in the world. While horsepower isn't likely to match the outgoing V6 hybrid, torque and fuel mileage should be more than a match. For those that still need a little more power, Honda is also working on a diesel V6 that will first appear in the Ridgeline and then find its way into Honda's vans and SUVs. While the Germans have been advancing the acceptance of diesels for years, a mainstream player like Honda will really push the technology to the forefront in North America.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies