ZAP CEO Holds Electric Car Meetings in Europe, Middle East
He feels the main technology that will facilitate the growth of ZAP and their product line into a large high-demand business is PML FlightLink Limited's wheel hub motors. They save space and are surprisingly powerful, according to Schneider, and will inspire other innovations throughout the rest of the vehicle. Recall on the Lotus APX concept, which ZAP is reportedly planning to produce, the electric motors in each wheel (making for a nice, simple all-wheel-drive system) add up to over 600 horsepower. Schneider believes that these motors are at least as important a technological development as the new generation of lithium-ion batteries.
We wish him the best on his trip.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies