Porsche officially files for takeover bid of VW
Reuters is reporting that today, Porsche has politely asked the European Commission if it can take over Volkswagen. The short filing by Reuters goes on to state that the Commission has until July 2nd to either give the green light or look into the matter further. Naturally, we'd expect the E.C. to take its time on the matter. Porsche's ultimate plan appears to involve taking over Volkswagen without being forced to buy all of its shares. A 47-year-old German law currently prevents a Volkswagen takeover, but the European Union is reportedly considering a repeal that would open the door for Porsche to make its move.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video