American MINI fans want in on the diesel goodness too!
A couple of months ago the latest generation Mini went on sale in Europe in a Cooper D edition with the D being a reference to Dr. Rudolf and his magical oil burner. The 53.5mpg diesel Mini has never been an option for the American Mini buyers but an increasing number of them are starting to make their voices heard in favor of the idea.
The crew over at MotoringFile.com are now clamoring for the Cooper D with over 130 comments on the post. The desire for the diesel is sure to grow even more that BMW has announced that they will be adding their Efficient Dynamics system including start-stop functionality and regenerative braking to the entire lineup. That will boost the D up to over 60mpg. If I could get a Cooper D for a price in the low 20s I'd be all over it.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies