GE and BP team up to create hydrogen fueled power plants
The GE process would start with either petroleum coke or bituminous coal and capture ninety percent of the carbon in the original fuel. The hydrogen gas would then be burned in the power plant to produce 500MW of electricity. The first two of five plants are planned for Carson, California and in Western Australia.
[Source: General Electric and BP]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies