Safety telematics just might be standard by 2011
According to AN, Thilo Koslowski, vice president of technology research company Gartner Inc., said yesterday that "virtually" all automakers will have telematics strategies in place by 2008, and some will have telematics in operation. By 2011, then, telematics that have to do with safety will be standard on all vehicles. Things like hands-free cell phone integration and navigation are desired by consumers, but things like shopping while driving aren't. Whew. Maybe there's some sense left in the consumer mind after all.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies