Wal-Mart receives its first Peterbilt hybrid big rig
The Model 386 Hybrid will continue to be tested and evaluated while it serves in Wal-Mart's truck fleet, helping Peterbilt refine the vehicle and its aerodynamics ahead of its full market launch, which is expected in 2009. Wal-Mart will likely be there, checkbook in hand, as increasing fleet efficiency by 25 percent is one of the planks inthe retailer's new "Sustainability 360" platform.
UPDATE: Gallery of Peterbilt's hybrid offerings added below.
[Source: The Pete Store via Wired.]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models