500 to 0 in 2 hours: First batch of Fiat 500s sold out
If Fiat had any concerns about its neo-retro 500 being anything other than a smash hit upon launch, the consumer response to its initial offering should alleviate them. The first 500 cars overall, aptly-named the Opening Edition, were made available on the web between April 18 and April 23. Thousands of requests came flooding in, and according to the automaker, that batch of cars was spoken for within two hours. Trimmed out in bespoke touches by furniture designer Giulio Cappellini, the Open Edition 500s will be delivered to their new owners shortly after the car's official debut on July 4th. We have a feeling that Fiat dealers will have wait lists a mile long once full production starts.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models