Sen. Schumer calls for probe of oil refineries and high gas prices
"The looming question is, are they putting money into maintenance and keeping up refineries as they should?" Schumer asked, according to the article. "Or are they happier with lower production and higher prices? ... What they should be doing is making sure the existing capacity they have is fully utilized."
The Government Accountability Office will investigate the refineries, and Schumer said he hopes results will be available in "a couple of months."
In the meantime, Drive Smarter.
[Source: Jennifer Barrios / Newsday; Detroit Free Press]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models