- May 6, 2007
GM shuffles global design team
Mark Adams will take Nesbitt's place in Europe and also report directly to Welburn. Adams is currently director of exterior design for GM Europe.
Another interesting note is the transfer of Dave Lyon, executive director of design for Asia Pacific, to executive director of interior design for North America. We wonder if it has anything to do with the success of Buick in China. Perhaps GM is hoping some of that success will rub off in the States.
Other design personnel changes are detailed in GM's official press release after the jump.
[Source: Car Body Design]
DETROIT – General Motors Design today announced significant organizational and leadership changes created to enhance and accelerate GM's global product development.
"These changes to our Design organization will allow us to better support GM's global business strategies," said Ed Welburn, Vice President of GM Global Design. "The result is a more streamlined organization that fully leverages the broad and deep resources throughout our 11 global design studios."
Effective June 1, 2007:
- Bryan Nesbitt, currently Executive Director of Design for GME, is appointed to the new position of GMNA Vice President of Design for North America . He will be based in Warren, MI and report to Ed Welburn.
- Mark Adams, currently Director of Exterior Design for GM Europe, is appointed to GM Europe Vice President of Design. He will be based in Russelsheim, Germany and report to Ed Welburn.
- Kenneth Parkinson, currently Executive Director of Body on Frame Architectures, is appointed Asia Pacific Vice President of Design, replacing David Lyon. He will be based in Shanghai, China and will report to Ed Welburn.
- Michael Simcoe, currently Executive Director of Body on Frame Integral, will become responsible for all exterior design in North America and is appointed Executive Director of Exterior Design for North America . Michael will report to Bryan Nesbitt.
Effective July 1, 2007:
- David Lyon, currently Executive Director of Design for Asia Pacific, is appointed Executive Director of Interior Design for North America, replacing David Rand. He will report to Bryan Nesbitt.
Effective August 1, 2007:
- David Rand, currently Executive Director of Interior Design for North America, is appointed Executive Director of Global Advanced Design. He will report to Ed Welburn.