Sometimes good ideas just deserve to get coverage...
Anyway, the idea, called the Lifelink from Ecosphere, is that when a disaster hits, and drinking water and portable power are hard to come by, why not use renewable resources such as solar and wind power that are always at our disposal even when the power grid is not. Sure, you could use generators powered by diesel and gasoline and serve roughly the same purpose, but why not just be prepared in advance in areas which are likely to need them. We are all thinking of hurricane Katrina right about now, right?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies