Holden is so confident its Australian buyers will like the newly redesigned Epica, it'll return any dissatisfied customer's money if he or she isn't 100% thrilled with the inline-6 sedan. Catch? Oh yeah. Unhappy buyers looking for their (at least) $25,900 back must do it within 30 days and before 1,500 kilometers. The car, of course, must be undamaged and/or unmodified. Normal wear and tear is ok.
But there's yet another catch, though (come on, you knew there had to be). Buyers must also provide proof they have bought another car of equal or lesser value. That's right, before you can get your money back from Holden, ya gotta go buy the car that's gonna replace it within 30 days of buying the Epica. Oh, and then wait seven days for Holden to decide if you've met all the requirements before an actual check is mailed out.
So much for all that confidence.
See the full text of the Epica Money Back Offer press release after the jump.
Thanks for the tip, Dylan!
[Source: Car Advice]
Epica Money Back Offer – Terms and Conditions
- This Money Back Offer Contract only applies to new Holden Epica vehicles that are purchased from participating Holden Dealers and delivered to private (non-fleet) customers between 12 th Apr 2007 and 31 st Dec 2007 (applies to all new Epica "Vehicles").
- Any Vehicle that a Customer wishes to return to a Dealer pursuant to this Contract must, when returned by Customer, be in the same condition as when delivered apart from any normal wear and tear that is to be expected and must be free from any damage (including body and mechanical).
- A Vehicle returned under this Money Back Offer Contract must be returned to the dealer that originally sold the Vehicle.
- The Customer's ability to return a Vehicle under this Money Back Offer Contract shall expire on the earlier of 30 days from the date of delivery (inclusive of this date) of the Vehicle or when a total of 1,500 kilometres is displayed on the Vehicle's odometer.
- The addition of any non-factory modifications or accessories to the Vehicle at any time after delivery of the Vehicle will void the Customer's ability to return the Vehicle under this Contract.
- To gain any financial benefit under this Contract, the Customer must provide proof of purchase of a new (not used) motor vehicle of equal or greater value than that appearing on the original final purchase invoice for the Vehicle ("Replacement Vehicle"). The Replacement Vehicle must have been purchased within 30 days of delivery of the Vehicle. Proof of purchase of a Replacement Vehicle is defined as either an original copy of a paid purchase invoice contract or an original copy of a contract for the sale of a new motor vehicle properly signed and executed by the Customer and a new motor vehicle dealer.
- Excepting any of the above automatic exclusions from this Money Back Offer Contract (listed in 1 –6), the Dealer agrees to accept any Vehicle covered by this Money Back Offer Contract and shall upon receipt of written approval from the third party Claims Assessor engaged to review Claims, reimburse the Customer the full value of the original final purchase price of the Vehicle. A third party will be fully responsible for assessing all Claims.
- No liability is accepted by GM Holden Ltd or the Dealer under this Contract for any other agreement or contract that the Customer may have entered into in relation to the Vehicle, including any agreement or contract in relation to the financing of the Vehicle and any associated early termination charges.
- The Customer's personal details will be collected and passed to the third party Claims Assessor for the sole purpose of assessing and processing Claims under this Contract. The Dealer is not responsible for assessing the Claims under this Contract but will advise the Customer within seven (7) days of whether a claim has been accepted by the Claims Assessor.