From show to go: VW brings new TSI engine, along with 7-speed DSG
A third 122 hp TSI engine has now been introduced at the Vienna Motor Symposium. The new engine still has direct injection and a turbo but loses the blower. The engine puts out seven percent more power and thirty percent more torque than VW's 1.6L FSI engine while burning six percent less gas. All the power of the TSI engine is transferred to the wheels via a new seven speed version of the DSG dual clutch gearbox. The new box loses the wet clutches of the current six-speed unit in favor of a dry setup.
The new engine/gearbox combination will be rated at 40mpg when installed in the Golf and is also available in the Jetta and Touran models.
[Source: Volkswagen via EuroCarBlog]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models