Biodiesel-powered Earthrace blows engine but still has sights set on world record
Earthrace started in Barbados on March 10 but lost about 20 days to early repairs and when it was held near Guatemala following a collision at sea where a local fisherman was killed. Earthrace probably can't set the world marine circumnavigation record of 75 days with a Caribbean to Caribbean route. But if the team doesn't have any more problems and goes past its original starting point on to San Diego, then it has a chance with a California to California route.
Earthrace boat cleared to retry record run
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies