Hamilton, Ontario gets 12 new hybrid transit buses
The HSR has just recently taken delivery of their first twelve hybrid diesel electric buses. They received five forty-foot standard buses and seven sixty-foot articulated buses. The articulated buses are the first of their kind in North America. The buses are equipped with the General Motors two-mode parallel hybrid system that is currently being adapted for use in cars and trucks and will appear in the Chevy Tahoe this fall. The buses built by New Flyer use an Allison and nickel metal hydride battery packs. There are currently over 640 of these GM hybrid buses in service in 51 cities around North America.
[Source: City of Hamilton]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies