Hyundai shows off its hybid development center
Hyundai has a team actively developing hybrid technology at their Namyang Technology Research Center in South Korea. They recently took journalists on a tour of their tech center for the first time to see development of the Avante Hybrid. The Avante is the Elantra in the US market. Hyundai plans to produce about 3,000 hybrids in 2008 for the Korean government and then start commercial sales in 2009. Right now Hyundai's biggest problem is getting the cost down. They are trying to get parts from Korean suppliers at the same prices that Japanese makers get from their suppliers.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models