PG&E demonstrates first ever vehicle-to-grid charging
Don't believe that this can actually take place? Check out this article from Inside Green Tech. They interviewed Sven Thesen of PG&E on the subject. PG&E have been creating new advanced metering which will show you what is happening with the car, charging or giving back. Here is a quote, "Just plug your vehicle in at night, and we'll send a signal at 11, 12 or 1 a.m. to start your charging. When you get up in the morning, your car will be fully charged. You'll plug your car in at work. Maybe we'll need your electricity, and maybe we won't. If we do, you'll see a credit on your bill, and if not, you'll see nothing."
Click here to read more. And thanks go out to Dallas for the tip.
[Source: Inside Green Tech]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies