New York Auto Show: Lexus LS460 wins World Car of the Year
The World Car of the Year Awards has just concluded with the Lexus LS460 earning the honor of being called the planet's best auto for 2007. The LS460 beat out the Audi TT and new MINI Cooper, which were also finalists. The Audi TT, however, did not walk away empty handed, earning a trophy for World Car Design of the Year. Audi earned yet another honor for World Performance Car of the Year, with the RS4 being handed that honor. The RS4 won out over such heavyweights in world performance as the BMW 335i and Porsche 911 Turbo. Finally, the Mercedes-Benz E320 BLUETEC won the award for World Green Car of the Year, earning bragging rights over rival BMW and its Hydrogen 7, as well as the Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video