Ford Escape hybrid taxis top 175,000 miles
There have been eighteen Ford Focus Hybrids operating as New York City taxis for about two years now. Each of the vehicles in the fleet has now exceeded 175,000 miles in service. That's the equivalent of eleven years of typical driving for average customers. Since urban driving of the type done by New York city taxis is the optimal operating condition for hybrid vehicles, they have saved an estimated $250,000 in fuel costs.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models