How about a flexible, transparent battery?
The radicals hold the charge and can evidently be charged in one minute, although it's unknown how much energy that includes. They also claim it can go over 1,000 charge cycles, surpassing one of the main drawbacks of lithium ion batteries. There's no word yet on how well this scales up or what kind of energy density and power is available, but it's definitely something to watch for in the future.
[Source: Gizmag via Engadget]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video