New Peugeot 308 to offer diesel hybrid powertrain
The four door, five seat 308 is expected to get a combined rating of 69.1 mpg and CO2 emissions of 90g/km, putting it almost on par with the much smaller Smart ForTwo CDi. That would make it by the cleanest, most efficient car in it's class, and drivers in London wouldn't have to pay the congestion tax. The hybrid 308 will be able on run on battery alone up to 30 mph and would be the first diesel hybrid car to go into production.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies