Honda earmarks Civic for new plant in Indiana
Although a Honda spokesman, David Iida, had no comment, experts seem to agree that the Civic will be the only car on the plant's menu for some time. "My strong belief is that Civic will be the first and primary product, and that more will follow after that," said Alan Baum, director of automotive forecasting for Birmingham, Mich. based Planning Edge. Although Civic sales were down last year, we told you earlier that Honda felt it was because of a lack of supply rather than demand. Honda's immediate move was to add Civic production to its Alliston, Ontario, plant. The East Liberty, Ohio plant will likely continue on as a source of Civics, as well.
[Source: Automotive News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies