American Electric Power and Alstom to commercialize CO2 capture by 2011
The second commercial scale phase would include a 200MW capture system on a plant in Oologah, Oklahoma, to capture up to 1.5 million tonnes of CO2 annually. Alstom's system uses chilled ammonia to capture the CO2 from the combustion exhaust stream. Lab testing of the system has shown it to be capable of capturing up to ninety percent of the CO2 in the exhaust stream at a lower cost than other capture technologies. The system is designed to be able to be retrofitted to existing plants or built in to new ones.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models