Desperate Michigan congressman attacks Schwarzenegger with billboard, website over fuel-economy standards
He chose to blast Schwarzenegger because he's a "symbol" of the green movement. A spokesman for the governor says Schwarzenegger wants the auto industry "to move into the future."
Knollenberg's re-election staff paid $10,000 for the billboard and another $1,500 to set up to set up a website that promotes his views. He's asking viewers to contribute $3 to keep the billboard going. Knollenberg is likely to face stiff competition in the next election, apparently with good reason.
Maybe someone out here in California should put up a billboard with a corny looking mug shot of Knollenberg and write, "Knollenberg to California: Suck my fumes!" We could also set up a website with the URL: godsaveusfromidiots.com.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies