Zetsche: Daimler is not "auctioning" Chrysler
A number of potential buyers including several private equity firms are looking at purchasing the Chrysler Group, including the Blackstone Group, which has been given access to the books to determine how much if anything to bid. Daimler apparently wants to make sure that whoever might buy Chrysler actually has the financial resources to make a go of it, rather than oversee a fiasco like the collapse of the Rover Group after BMW divested it.
[Source: Automotive News - sub. req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies