Geneva Motor Show: GM wants all-EV car on sale by 2010
Though the production timeline for the Volt is now set, GM is not entirely sure that it will succeed in meeting it. Lutz commented, "We're sort of outside our comfort zone." While that may be true, GM is the largest automaker ever to have offered a production EV to the public with its now controversial EV1 program. Lutz, however, stated there's still a 10% chance this project will completely fail. He also warned us that a production Volt would not look very much like the concept, especially the front wheels that are optimistically placed too far forward to be production feasible.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models