Mercedes goes hybrid in 2009
Mercedes-Benz development head Thomas Weber announced today at the Geneva Motor Show that the Stuttgart brand will produce it's first hybrid vehicles in 2009. Parent company DaimlerChrysler has two separate joint development projects in process for hybrids. They just announced a project with BMW to create a mild hybrid system have been working with BMW and General Motors on the full two-mode hybrid system.
Weber didn't reveal which Mercedes platform, or which system would hit the streets in '09, although BMW said they will have the mild hybrid in production in the same time frame. The Chrysler side of the business will introduce a two-mode hybrid in the Durango in 2008.
[Source: Automotive News - subscription required]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models