Road&Track tests the FedEx W700 Hybrid
Of interest to ABG readers in particular is the FedEx W700 Hybrid. This rolling delivery warehouse has 700 cu. ft. of interior volume for all those packages, and a parallel hybrid drive-train developed by Eaton. It uses a 4.3L four cylinder Mercedes-Benz diesel, mated with a 60hp electric motor and a 340V lithium-ion battery pack. The hybrid truck was the slowest of the three with a 0-60mph time of 20.9, although it was also more than twice the weight of the DHL and UPS vans. Actual fuel economy numbers are proprietary, but FedEx claims that the hybrid gets 42 percent better fuel efficiency than the standard W700.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models