Florida to become 2nd state to ban radar detectors?
The arguments against radar detectors are well documented, the most obvious being that users believe they can speed at will and not get caught. Those who actually use radar detectors know that they are anything but a free pass to speed on public roads. In my own great state of Ohio, radar detectors are used to navigate the mine field of speed traps that plague our roadways.
Currently, Virginia and Washington D.C. are the only areas of the U.S. where the use of a radar detector in any vehicle is illegal. New York and Illinois have laws against radar detectors being used in commercial vehicles, while Minnesota and California have laws against hanging anything from a vehicle's windshield, which includes radar detectors.
[Source: PR Newswire]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies