Brazil moves mandatory B5 target forward to 2010
Biodiesel production in Brazil will soon reach 1.3 billion litres per year with 11 production facilities up and running and another 13 about to come online in the next six months. Brazil currently imports around 5 percent of its 40 billion litres per annum diesel requirements - as biodiesel production grows they should be able to phase out diesel imports entirely.
Analysis: Although 5 percent imports are small, it would still be a tremendous achievement for Brazil to completely cease diesel imports. Fewer emissions and renewable, biodiesel looks to be working well for Brazil.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies