Clean Snowmobile Challenge draws student teams to develop greener machines
Driving the competition is a growing demand for cleaner snowmobiles. Just as off-roaders are getting shut out of recreation lands for a variety of issues, snowmobilers are finding fewer areas to play. Priorities of the competition include quieter, less-polluting engines that still offer performance. The NSF also sees potential for increased snowmobile use in very sensitive research facilities such as Greenland and Antarctica if the environmental impact can be reduced.
Winners of the competition will be allowed to test their snowmobile in Greenland.
[Source: National Science Foundation]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models