TVR sold again, to Smolenski
The soap opera that has been the recent history of TVR has taken another turn. The administrators of PKF Partners have announced the sale TVR's asset's to none other Nikolai Smolenski, the previous owner who oversaw the failure of the company in the first place. The sale price hasn't been released, but is believed to be over £2 million.
Smolenski has signaled his intention to resume production of TVRs outside of England, probably in Italy with Bertone doing the assembly work. Al Melling, who had previously designed many of TVRs engines, was another bidder, but Smolenski offered more money and in the end, won back the quirky automaker.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video