GM assembles group to explore relationship with Chrysler
So far Hyundai, Volkswagen, Fiat and Nissan/Renault have ruled themselves out as potential buyers for the Chrysler Group, though reports have surfaced that at least four private equity groups are in preliminary talks with DCX concering a possible purchase deal. DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche has been quoted as saying that "all options are on the table." Just like it was with the exploratory group set up to study the Nissan/Renault deal, it will be months before Fritz and the gang will be able to provide a recommendation to GM.
[Source: Just-Auto - sub. req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies