Families now have fleets of vehicles - with teens in SUVs
Of course, managing and paying for insurance, registration, fuel and maintenance for all those vehicles takes a lot of time and money and consumes a lot of fuel. Worst of all, is that so many parents seem to think it's a good idea to buy their teenagers an SUV. These things use too much fuel and their poor handling characteristics are the last thing that should be put in the hands of young, inexperienced drivers that have a higher than average tendency to drive too fast.
[Source: Los Angeles Times via Detroit News - no registration req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies