Flying between London and Paris causes ten times more CO2 than the train
The EuroStar web-site has a chart that estimates the carbon dioxide emissions associated with traveling between London and Paris or Brussels by train and by air. Their analysis shows that train travel emits about one tenth of the emissions compared to flying. The analysis apparently factors in power plant emissions and transmission losses to compare the electric trains to the jets.
[Source: EuroStar via Hugg]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies